Main muscle: abdominals
- Select a light resistance and sit down on the ab machine placing your feet under the pads provided and grabbing the top handles. Your arms should be bent at a 90 degree angle as you rest the triceps on the pads provided. This will be your starting position.
- At the same time, begin to lift the legs up as you crunch your upper torso. Breathe out as you perform this movement. Tip: Be sure to use a slow and controlled motion. Concentrate on using your abs to move the weight while relaxing your legs and feet.
- After a second pause, slowly return to the starting position as you breathe in.
- Repeat the movement for the prescribed amount of repetitions.
- For this exercise, always select a weight that you can easily handle as using too much weight can easily lead to injury.