Main muscle: abdominals
- Seat on a flat bench with your back facing a high pulley.
- Grasp the cable rope attachment with both hands (with the palms of the hands facing each other) and place your hands securely over both shoulders. Tip: Allow the weight to hyperextend the lower back slightly. This will be your starting position.
- With the hips stationary, flex the waist so the elbows travel toward the hips. Breathe out as you perform this step.
- As you inhale, go back to the initial position slowly.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variation: Exercise bands can be used for this exercise.