Equipment: body only
Main muscle: abdominals
- Hang from a chin-up bar with your legs and feet together using an overhand grip (palms facing away from you) that is slightly wider than shoulder width. Tip: You may use wrist wraps in order to facilitate holding on to the bar.
- Now bend your knees at a 90 degree angle and bring the upper legs forward so that the calves are perpendicular to the floor while the thighs remain parallel to it. This will be your starting position.
- Pull your legs up as you exhale until you almost touch your shins with the bar above you. Tip: Try to straighten your legs as much as possible while at the top.
- Lower your legs as slowly as possible until you reach the starting position. Tip: Avoid swinging and using momentum at all times.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variations: You can perform this exercise with ankle weights in order to make it more challenging.