Main muscle: biceps
- Attach a rope attachment to a low pulley and stand facing the machine about 12 inches away from it.
- Grasp the rope with a neutral (palms-in) grip and stand straight up keeping the natural arch of the back and your torso stationary.
- Put your elbows in by your side and keep them there stationary during the entire movement. Tip: Only the forearms should move; not your upper arms. This will be your starting position.
- Using your biceps, pull your arms up as you exhale until your biceps touch your forearms. Tip: Remember to keep the elbows in and your upper arms stationary.
- After a 1 second contraction where you squeeze your biceps, slowly start to bring the weight back to the original position.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.