Main muscle: biceps
Other muscles: forearms
- Stand up with your torso upright and a dumbbell in each hand being held at arms length. The elbows should be close to the torso.
- Make sure the palms of the hands are facing each other. This will be your starting position.
- While holding the upper arm stationary, curl the weights while contracting the biceps as you breathe out. Only the forearms should move. Your wrist should rotate so that you have a supinated (palms up) grip. Continue the movement until your biceps are fully contracted and the dumbbells are at shoulder level.
- Hold the contracted position for a second as you squeeze the biceps.
- Now during the contracted position, rotate your wrist until you now have a pronated (palms facing down) grip with the thumb at a higher position than the pinky.
- Slowly begin to bring the dumbbells back down using the pronated grip.
- As the dumbbells close your thighs, start rotating the wrist so that you go back to a neutral (palms facing your body) grip.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.