Main muscle: shoulders
Other muscles: triceps
- Sit down on the Shoulder Press Machine and select the weight.
- Grab the handles to your sides as you keep the elbows bent and in line with your torso. This will be your starting position.
- Now lift the handles as you exhale and you extend the arms fully. At the top of the position make sure that you hold the contraction for a second.
- Lower the handles slowly back to the starting position as you inhale.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variations: You can use free weights (barbells and dumbbells) to perform this exercise on a military bench.